Monday, April 30, 2012

Design

I decided to choose a website created by a group of my friends from Massachusetts. The website is for the record label they started themselves called Rooftop Shout. What I think is cool about the website is that they created it themselves with little HTML knowledge. The website is definitely different then most you see browsing the web which is partly a reflection of the uniqueness of the music they are working with, and their beginning web design abilities. Something I really like about it is the lack of constraint on each page. Most websites you look at today are very organized into boxes and sort of takes away from the interactive aspects of the website, their website definitely isn't constrained and it makes it more interesting. Movement between the pages of the website is another aspect that was well done and fairly simple. When you go over one of the links to another page the text flips upside down and turns becomes white.


Things I think could be better: the text, some of it is really cool and funky but some of the text for the info could be better. I don't think the informative text on the opening page should be white, or if it needs some sort of darker background because the picture makes it harder to read. Also, I have a pretty small computer screen and the website is definitely designed with a big computer monitor in mind. I want to be able to see the pictures, but I can't because they go too far to the left.
Check it outhttp://www.rooftopshout.org/index.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment